The word “muse” means “to think or meditate in silence, as on subject”. The title of this website, “Musical Musings” is very telling of the content that will be published herein. Listening to music has long been one of the greatest joys in my life and that is because I have come to appreciate it as an art form. This blog will be dedicated to my thoughts not only about music itself but the way you experience music through mediums such as headphones, in ear monitors, digital audio players and the like.
My tastes in music are very diverse. Yes, Hip-Hop/Rap is my favorite genre and the one I listen to the most often but there is a very wide assortment of genres in my collection, ranging from:
- Alternative and Rock (Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, Muse, Coldplay, Pearl Jam)
- R&B (Johnny Gill, Bell Biv Devoe, Luther Vandross, Sade)
- Jazz (Boney James, Dave Koz)
- Heavy Metal (Disturbed, Metallica)
- House and Electronic (Daft Punk, Paul Oakenfold, Mstrkrft)
- Dance (M.I.A., ATC, London Elektricity)
- Classical (Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Borodin)
- Pop (Michael Jackson, Rihanna, Lady Gaga)
And just about everything in between. Heck, I even listen to J-Pop. My general rule of thumb when it comes to music is “if it sounds good to my ears and moves me, I’ll listen to it”.
As a budding audiophile (on a realistic budget, mind you) my headphone/IEM collection is always expanding. I’m always looking for great new ways to experience my favorite tunes and when I find something that really moves me (either positively or negatively), I’ll write about it.
So, there you have it. This is Musical Musings, my thoughts on music and the ways in which you experience it. I hope you enjoy your stay.